The Ninja Team at 50!

New information for the community!
The Other Jason
Site Admin

The Ninja Team at 50!

Hi all,

ntat50.jpg

I've said it before, but sometimes fate can be kind. Why mention that? Because this year, October 1 falls on a Saturday, so we can more easily gather to celebrate the Ninja Team's 50th anniversary!

We'll present the first episodes of each main series, plus the first volume of the OAVs. Almost all of these productions premiered on October 1 (they were close with Fighter... we'll give them credit for trying!). Plus there will be other small items included between the episodes. All items will be sourced from YouTube content.

The Ninja Team at 50 viewing party will take place on Saturday, October 1 from 6PM to 8PM, Eastern time. Which should work out to the following:

3 to 5PM Pacific (Los Angeles)
6 to 8PM Eastern (New York)
11PM to 1AM (London)
7 to 9AM Sunday morning (Tokyo)
9 to 11AM Sunday morning (Sydney)

The programming will run around two hours. I'll start it about 15 minutes after the posted start time to give any latecomers a chance to connect. The end time is merely a suggestion. As usual, we will probably hang around afterward to talk about what we just watched, and whatever else comes up.

Due to the amount of possible participants, I'm going to have this as a usual chat room gathering. We may try for a post-event Zoom meeting afterward though, if folks are interested. It worked well last time and was a lot of fun. We'll play it by ear though.

Here are the usual instructions on how to join:

Here is a direct link to the chat room.

Create a nickname and then click the "Connect" button (there is no authorization or password necessary).

Once you're in the room, you'll see the phrases "#gcon: Bird Go!" and "Welcome to GCon, BotP and Gatchaman chat!" so you'll know you're in the correct place (my nickname in the room is "drazuma").

Then start typing and enjoy!

You may not be able to see who is there when you come in, but just type something in the bar at the bottom of the screen to let people know you've arrived. Or, someone may say hello if they see your name appear.

It is suggested to try using the Firefox browser to view the presentation. It seemed to work best from others' reports.

If you can, please come by to help celebrate the reason we're all hanging out here. Hope to see you for the first of two video presentations this month (yes, you read that right)!

P.S. If anyone would like to try the chat room out before the big day, please come on by. We've had a few disconnects and other issues for some previously, so it might be a good idea to try it out ahead of time. If anyone's there when you try it, I'm sure they'll say hello. Or, if anyone is interested in more dedicated software to connect, let me know and I'll give you a few options.