Jameson Brewer.

Including international versions
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Re: Jameson Brewer.

Hi Hinotori,
Hinotori wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:40 am Awesome recollection, The Other Jason. I'm so glad you and so many in the fandom had the opportunity to meet with him and that he had such a wonderful time doing so.

I agree with BobKat - that image of Mr. Brewer and Mr. Ladd together is one for the (fandon and animation) history books! Their entire meeting was one for the history books!
Very true! It was hard to believe that the two of them had never met before that. I have more photos, including one of the moment they first shook hands. I'll have to dig those out and scan them.

Hinotori wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:40 am
The Other Jason wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:34 pm
It appears to still be streaming on CrunchyRoll.

I know it's a pay service, but it's a lot less than trying to scare up the DVDs of the entire series...
Actually, Crunchyroll is still free.The premium service is for ad-free, HD, and other benefits. So, GoLion is free to view on the link above. If there are any issues, there's always the 14-day free trial.
Great, thanks for setting me straight. I thought they only had an episode or two of each series available for free, then you had to pay to view the rest. Free with ads isn't too bad. Assuming you can actually view the content where you are... :-)
Katblu42

The frustration is real! I've come up against this same brick wall many times. I think it's one of the reasons I still prefer owning shows on DVD!

Also the frustration of streaming eating up monthly data!

Crunchyroll
Crunchyroll
VRV
VRV
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi Katblu,
Katblu42 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:32 am The frustration is real! I've come up against this same brick wall many times. I think it's one of the reasons I still prefer owning shows on DVD!

Also the frustration of streaming eating up monthly data!
Well, rats! I was really hoping that might have worked. I certainly agree about owning films and TV series on disc. It's the most sure way of knowing you'll be able to enjoy things at any time you like. I sure wish I had a better solution for you for Golion.
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi Cure DragonEagle,
Cure DragonEagle 255 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:15 pm I love him. He is an unsung hero of animation. He did what he had to do in a time where anime wasnt even a thing worldwide. I love that both he and the cast knew there was something special to Battle and worked hard to make it a reality. RIP Jameson Brewer.

Now I would love to learn about the Standards and Practices person for Battle.
I agree, Mr. Brewer should probably get more credit than he does. Two of his shows were instrumental in helping to popularize Japanese animation around the world.

I know a little about Winifred Treimer. What are you mainly curious about?
Hinotori

Katblu42 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:32 am The frustration is real! I've come up against this same brick wall many times. I think it's one of the reasons I still prefer owning shows on DVD!
That is rather frustrating! Sorry you're running into this problem.

I watched GoLion a number of years ago on DVDs from Netflix. Maybe this could be an option?

GoLion is not steaming on Netflix here in the US, but the DVDs are still available. I tried checking the Australian site, but I think I was being defaulted back to the US site.