Battle Of The Planets Female Audience

Including international versions
Cure DragonEagle 255

Battle Of The Planets Female Audience

I want to ask our female members about what they enjoy about Battle and hooked them to the show.
Stardust

Re: Battle Of The Planets Female Audience

The art, it's always the art that grabs me first. I love the realistic animation style. Then the storyline finished pulling me in.
Bobkat

I will second Stardust here - the art.

When I first watched the show, I was all about Mark. Strong, heroic, and a great leader in every way. Those blue eyes sucked me in. :)

Then there was a decade long absence filled by tracking down a Phoenix model and then Cartoon Network airing G-Force. I was excited to see it even though everything was wrong! :D

After that, I found other fans and watched BotP again. Everything was right in the world again. But things were different this time.

(and I know this wasn't the plan, but here we go...) :)

Battle was made in late 1970s and with that comes certain constructs. Shows from that time were made so the audience would focus on a particular character. In this case, Mark. However, after some life experience, I then noticed the second in command and Jason's challenges on the team. This doesn't take away from Mark, but rather the focus has broadened for me and that's a good thing. The storylines are great! I love the dynamics of the team and the whole good vs. evil backdrop. Needless to say, I appreciate the show now more than ever. :)
Katblu42

I know I'm coming to this kind of late, but here goes:

I was very little when I first saw the show (around 4 years old) and I remember being quite captivated by Mark's blue eyes and dark brown hair (like mine), and I guess I thought he was handsome, but I wanted to BE Jason - he had the car!
The vehicles held as much attraction for me as the characters did back then (okay, they kind of still do!).
The dramatic opening theme also more than likely had a lot to do with drawing me in initially.

When I first saw Gatchaman (probably some 20 years later at least!) the artwork made it's impression on me - and I still find so many amazing details every time I re-watch. All the things 4-year-old me loved were still there, but amplified - now I was able to focus on the story line, and the depth of character and really enjoy how all of that built throughout the series as it progressed.
Cure DragonEagle 255

It's never too late! Thank god you posted. I was getting a bit sad my threads had no activity. I appreciate every single post!
Stardust

Cure DragonEagle 255 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:59 am It's never too late! Thank god you posted. I was getting a bit sad my threads had no activity. I appreciate every single post!
Don't lose heart, I enjoy your threads and get a little disappointed too when there's not enough activity.