Who owns Battle of the Planets now?

Including international versions
Cure DragonEagle 255

Who owns Battle of the Planets now?

And who do I contact to talk about it? Like I have been wanting Me TV to air either Battle or Gatchaman.
Stardust

Re: Who owns Battle of the Planets now?

According to the gatchaman wiki it should be Sentai Filmworks
Bobkat

I think Tatsunoko owns the whole billy-wick.

The Other Jason or Tatsunokofan can clarify - but after the 30 year contract everything Sandy Frank had a hand in reverted back to Tatsunoko.

As far as Sentai Filmworks, I think their agreement expired a year ago or so. I know they don't have BotP anymore.
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Battle and Gatchaman are both owned by Tatsunoko Production.

As to who owns North American airing and/or distribution rights for both titles, I'm not sure. It appears that Sentai Filmworks' rights deals have ended, since both titles have been removed from their HIDIVE streaming service, and no more Gatchaman products are available on their site for purchase.

If there has been a new deal or deals for either title through any other companies, no press releases or announcements have been made yet. Until we hear something like that, it's possible that both titles are unlicensed in North America at the moment.
Cure DragonEagle 255

DANG! This means my campaign to get Me TV to air Battle again ended before it could begin! I wish Tatsunoko could work with them. They've always been big on their properties being big internationally.
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi Cure DragonEagle,
Cure DragonEagle 255 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:27 pm DANG! This means my campaign to get Me TV to air Battle again ended before it could begin! I wish Tatsunoko could work with them. They've always been big on their properties being big internationally.
Not necessarily. A title doesn't always have to be under a separate rights license to be shown. If both companies were willing to negotiate directly with one another, a deal could be done that way too. But it's a lot simpler if someone already owns airing/distribution rights.

I happened to come across a relevant item as I was looking for something else in my old files earlier. It's a 2-up flyer our official fan club made to distribute at the 2001 San Diego Comic-Con. We wanted people to sign a petition at the Tatsunoko Fan Club USA site to let Cartoon Network know there were Battle fans who wanted the series shown.

2upflyer.jpg

Don't give up, you never know!
Cure DragonEagle 255

MUST RESIST URGE TO REPURPOSE THOSE POSTERS. MUST... FIGHT!

Phew! I think we should try it. Now Battle Of The Planets has the opportunity to change the TV Landscape like it did in the 70s!