List of CONFIRMED DEATHS on Battle Of The Planets

Including international versions
Cure DragonEagle 255

List of CONFIRMED DEATHS on Battle Of The Planets

I apologize for the rather morbid title but I found this wiki called List Of Deaths Wiki! I think it would be interesting to see if the infamous NO ONE DIES ON BATTLE OF THE PLANETS joke holds up to scrutiny.

https://listofdeaths.fandom.com/wiki/Sp ... ted_Series
Bobkat

Re: List of CONFIRMED DEATHS on Battle Of The Planets

I can tell you the joke doesn't stand scrutiny!!! :D

It starts as early as ep #4!! Dr. Harlan, a man Mark considers like a father, is killed in "The Space Serpent".

There is one of my favorite pieces of dialogue the entire series in this ep - Mark tells Debbie that revenge never helped anyone. Jason fires the missile while we watch the Phoenix engage the serpent. This is a perfect example of how the Sandy Frank Productions editing went a long way for the better! :) In Gatch, Ken slaps the crap out of the daughter. While GoS didn't show the slap, Ace wasn't real nice to the daughter either and made her press the red button. But I digress and that's for another conversation. :)

Another example is Lucy from "Race Against Disaster" - she ran through a wall after revealing herself as a robot! This is the ep most of us want to disembowel Zark. :o

More (thanks to Jason's AWESOME Battle webpage!) examples include Diane and Orin in "Victims of the Hawk". Again, Zark gives his two cents and I find myself wanting to choke him! :D

Professor Wilde sacrifices himself to save his granddaughter and G-Force in "The Perilous Pleasure Cruise". Dr. Strecker kills himself in the self-destruction of "The Space Spider". Again, a cool scene is when Princess loses her bracelet and Mark and Jason cover her with their wings to prevent Strecker from taking her picture! :)

Zeno dies in "The Giant Gila Monster" after Mark blows up the portal that was his only escape. Zeno jumps onto the mech, takes it over and makes it explode.

There's others too. Akkadan is killed in his last fight with the "The Charioteers of Changu" and Uncle Ajeeb (we see his skeleton!) was killed by Zoltar and his men in "Demons of the Desert".

I know I didn't get everybody, but we see more than you would think! :)

And actually it begins as early as ep #2 when Okto is killed after he takes the Terrapin's head and tries to destroy the Phoenix after "The Rescue of the Astronauts"!!
Stardust

Bobkat wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:24 pm I can tell you the joke doesn't stand scrutiny!!! :D

Another example is Lucy from "Race Against Disaster" - she ran through a wall after revealing herself as a robot! This is the ep most of us want to disembowel Zark. :o
THIS
Cure DragonEagle 255

Funnily enough the List Of Death's wiki does indeed cover robots. Even non-sentient ones. Too bad it doesnt cover Battle of The Planets though.
Bobkat

Stardust wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:05 pm
Bobkat wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:24 pm I can tell you the joke doesn't stand scrutiny!!! :D

THIS
Yeah,"get over" this, Zark!! :lol:

I thought of a lot of people when I typed that! :)
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi Bobkat,
And actually it begins as early as ep #2 when Okto is killed after he takes the Terrapin's head and tries to destroy the Phoenix after "The Rescue of the Astronauts"!!
Don't forget the people I list on my pages are only the named characters. There are plenty more who die, but weren't even given the courtesy of a name. I think the Spectra ship crews were occasionally referred to as robots. But the point was never driven home like it was in other cartoons, where you would be told in each and every episode that the enemies being killed were robots or androids. Both G-Force and Eagle Riders were guilty of that. They such well programmed robots, they even screamed when "deactivated!"
Cure DragonEagle 255

OMG LOL. You are the best you guys!