Your favorite stories from Fans of Battle Of The Planets

Including international versions
Cure DragonEagle 255

Your favorite stories from Fans of Battle Of The Planets

Your favorite stories from Battle of The Planets fans. How they discovered it and how they enjoyed it.
"Battle of the Planets" was a show I absolutely loved as a kid. I remember vividly sitting on the floor of our family room as an seven-year-old, and my dad sitting on the couch said, "hey Mark...there's a new cartoon starting this week you might like." He handed down the TV Guide to me and there was actually a picture advertisement for "Battle of the Planets." It was to be shown on our ABC affiliate every afternoon at 4:00. I started watching, and I was hooked. I loved that show, and the animation, and the voice acting...everything. I'm sure we're not the only ones, but my brother and I would regularlly play G-Force...using our dad's old t-shirts to make uniforms and capes. Now, as a 34-year-old, I love the show just as much as I did when I was a kid, and I can't wait to share it with my own kids. "Battle of the Planets" has definitely passed the test of time, and will be sticking around for a long time.LESS
BotP....my escape in the early 80s from the hell of living with a Southern Baptist grandmother and a switch and belt-wielding mean ass aunt.
Stardust

Re: Your favorite stories from Fans of Battle Of The Planets

Are you looking for us to add to this with other fan stories or do you want ours? Cause either way this could be a fun discussion.
Cure DragonEagle 255

You can add your own experience or somebody elses that you really liked. This thread belongs to all the Battle Of The Planets fans!!
The Other Jason
Site Admin

A fan wrote me few years ago who counted Keyop as a personal inspiration. He said he had a pretty bad stammer as a youngster and when he heard Keyop's difficulties in speaking, he was amazed there was someone like him on TV. He liked that Keyop was about the same age as he was, that he was an active member of the team, and he had a lot of stories that focused on him. Revisiting the series as an adult made him realize Keyop's boldness had helped bring him out of his shell a bit, and he was thankful for the character.

I know most fans don't really care for Keyop's speech pattern, or count him as a favorite part of the series. It was refreshing to hear from someone who found Keyop to be a real positive in his life.