There seems to be a mistake in the Latin American Where It Aired Section

Aired in Spain, Latin America and other Spanish-speaking territories
Cure DragonEagle 255

There seems to be a mistake in the Latin American Where It Aired Section

Greetings! I am from PARAGUAY in South America and here it says Battle Of The Planets aired on some network I have never heard of called Disragentel which doesnt actually seem to have existed. Same with Argentina.
. I've been itching to inform our wonderful site owner of this mishap, but I havent had the chance until now.

Argentina - Disragentel 1/80 - 1/83

Paraguay - Disragentel 1/80 - 1/83
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Re: There seems to be a mistake in the Latin American Where It Aired Section

Hi,
Cure DragonEagle 255 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:56 pm Greetings! I am from PARAGUAY in South America and here it says Battle Of The Planets aired on some network I have never heard of called Disragentel which doesnt actually seem to have existed. Same with Argentina.
. I've been itching to inform our wonderful site owner of this mishap, but I havent had the chance until now.

Argentina - Disragentel 1/80 - 1/83

Thank you very much for telling me. The only information I have for a lot of foreign airing is from Sandy Frank's own records. Through the years I've found they are full of holes and incorrect information. However... I think this is the first I've learned of any broadcast network/channel information being incorrect! The name (which is also listed as "Disargentel" in his records - I took the most frequent spelling as the one to use) could be the owner of the stations where the show aired, but not the actual network/channel names. Do you happen to have information on the channels it aired in those locations? I would like to have correct information, and it would help for my future research.
Cure DragonEagle 255

Aha! NOW I can find it in Google! Disargentel! I couldnt before! But sadly I dont really have any info on where it might have aired. For Paraguay it MIGHT have aired on SNT which is the first channel in the country or El Trece which is the second. Dont quote me on this though.

What I am sure is that G-Force aired on Cartoon Network Latin America and is in fact the version most Latin Americans are familiar and its the version that has survived for posterity.
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Okay, thank you! I'll have to fix that little bit of information and change it to Disargentel. Which really, makes more sense anyhow.
Cure DragonEagle 255

Thank you! It was super nice to actually meet you and help. But its Dis AR gentel which exists in the net.
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Cure DragonEagle 255 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:47 pm Thank you! It was super nice to actually meet you and help. But its Dis AR gentel which exists in the net.
Ha ha, that was auto-correct that "fixed" it that time. "Disargentel" it is! I've changed it on the site's page. Thanks again!
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi,
Cure DragonEagle 255 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:56 pm Argentina - Disragentel 1/80 - 1/83
I should also note that the date ranges given were for the signed contract windows. None of them necessarily reflect the actual date ranges the show was on the air. In most cases they didn't fill the complete windows. If there is anything out there that can help to determine the actual airing schedules and time ranges (television guides or online newspaper archives), I'd love to know!