Can it still happen?

Science Ninja Team Gatchaman - The original 1972 series
MoonlightDezu

Can it still happen?

Hi all, I just want to start a Discussion about Possibilities for a new series

The Upcoming Battle of the Planets movie currently has wrapped the Script phase, which means the Project is moving forward with more content that will be available in the future.

So the question is do you think a New Gatchaman Anime would somehow be able to happen while the AGBO's BoTP exists? does that disrupt the rights deal? does that would make a general Confusion amongst the fanbase?

Sure I'm glad there's another new project that possibly would bring a new life to the franchise, but a new Anime would very much Please me in many ways since I'm currently a sucker for current Anime trends.
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Re: Can it still happen?

Hi MoonlightDezu,
MoonlightDezu wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:54 am Hi all, I just want to start a Discussion about Possibilities for a new series

So the question is do you think a New Gatchaman Anime would somehow be able to happen while the AGBO's BoTP exists? does that disrupt the rights deal? does that would make a general Confusion amongst the fanbase?

Sure I'm glad there's another new project that possibly would bring a new life to the franchise, but a new Anime would very much Please me in many ways since I'm currently a sucker for current Anime trends.
In most cases, Tatsunoko would be able to move ahead with a Gatchaman series, with the Battle film deal in place. The main reason for this is that they have domestic (Japan and certain Asian countries) and international (the rest of the world) territories spelled out in their terms. What happens with the Battle film in the rest of the world would probably have no bearing on what could be done with Gatchaman domestically.

That's not even getting into the differences in the Gatchaman and Battle properties. Those differences would also allow both to exist within the same territories at the same time. When we were developing the Battle of the Planets - The New Adventures of G-Force series at Sandy Frank Entertainment, Imagi had also started production on their CG Gatchaman film. Both of those were within international territory agreements. Yes, it can get confusing.