Diamond Select, and Top Cow issue with certificate!

KenTheEagle

Diamond Select, and Top Cow issue with certificate!

PS from author: I was contemplating quite thoroughly rather or not I should be rehashing such a old figure, but for the sake of the forum, and perhaps new members; my generosity showcasing some old would be just as valuable. During this time, I got extremely sick with some unknown stomach illness, and it ran me out of commission for while, so apologizes for such a delay!

Greetings, Ken the Eagle, here, with a trip of nostalgia from 2002, and since I was able to gather funds again to get some merch for myself that mostly retains the white mantle himself! This came late in the day, and I must say I will cheerlessly remove Ken/Mark from his card since it has received damage and be putting it up in a collector's case to keep it in good condition.

The comic came coupled with this deal, which is why I grabbed it, and the fact it also came with the certificate of authenticity made my purchase all most worth it! So this will be mounted in a frame as well, and same for the paper along with it.

Now since I was extremely young at the time, and believed to be around thirteen years old, so sadly I may have not seen the Diamond Select brand, or whatever it was being sold at around the time, which makes me sad I missed these. I will complain, despite them carrying a helmentless Mark, I wish they would have given them the full on civilian look to differentiate the two. (We don't often see our heroes in their normal clothing, so I would have loved that!)
20210219_113340.jpg
We go ahead to look at the figure first since that is a bit more obvious. One thing for sure, the G-Force that originally is within the plastic casting has fallen off as you can see. There is a slight bit of damage, and of course on the back is showcasing the other remaining characters of series one- Princess/Jun, and Keyop.
20210219_113353.jpg
However, no figure is far from perfect: there are a bit of mishaps with some of the sculpting; Mark/Ken seems to have a receding bald spot when you look underneath the visor; helm is a tad small for the head itself. But what makes up for some of the little nitpicks is the nice air brushing finish to give it a nice contrast against all the white. For what I would recommend in figures if you are going frugal such as I am, I would highly recommend them. (Though I do warn, Joe/Jason goes fairly steep in price, especially his pearl variant/BOTP exclusive box with a helmetless edition.)
20210219_113414.jpg
KenTheEagle

Re: Diamond Select, and Top Cow issue with certificate!

Now we move onto the Top Cow Battle of the Planets variant. This one has a different art cover, and so forth with a little holo stamp on the front, and along having a paper indicating the number limited print of this rendition.
20210219_113323.jpg
20210219_113308.jpg
As I stated, this was a good deal and the fact I am able to obtain something that is from at least about nineteen years ago, and I hope you all find this as amusing, and perhaps a bit nice to see. Sorry for an extra post, I think my image were a tad large, but I think it was good that this one had it's own personal post for itself as it is the comic, and not the figure.

Anyway, This is Ken the Eagle, here, signing out!
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Re: Diamond Select, and Top Cow issue with certificate!

Hi Ken,

Old or new, it's always fun to see what others have in their collections and to hear what they think of their items. :-)

I did find it interesting with the Mark figure, that the G-Force sticker has come off the packaging. Is it still loose inside the blister? Also... that just looks like the helmet was glued on improperly. I don't remember seeing any others like that, but I'm sure they exist.

I cringe inside a little every time I see this package and certain other Battle items. I mistakenly called Mark's jet by a wrong name and that's what got used on just about every piece of newer merchandise that referenced it. The problem came from not having decent video copies of the series, and a fan friend and I mis-hearing the term when they named it. It is, of course, correctly named the "Sonic Jet."