Upcoming 2022 God Phoenix Model Kit!

The Other Jason
Site Admin

Upcoming 2022 God Phoenix Model Kit!

Hi all,

It was recently revealed that another new God Phoenix model kit will be coming from the Japanese model kit company Wave Corporation. A few test images have been made available, which can be seen below:

wavegp01.jpg
Front

wavegp02.jpg
Rear

wavegp03.jpg
Side 1

wavegp04.jpg
Side 2

The test images look close to the original Gatchaman God Phoenix body design, with additional line detailing. The fourth image shows items like the individual G-machines, Bird Missiles, Super Bird Missiles and landing gear.

Few additional details are available yet other than estimated size of 220mm (approximately 8.66 inches) and an estimated release date of "Spring, 2022." No pricing has been set yet either.

I think it looks promising!
Katblu42

Re: Upcoming 2022 God Phoenix Model Kit!

This looks pretty exciting.

Looking forward to hearing more about it. Certainly looks decently detailed! I will certainly be interested if it comes in at a reasonable price!
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi all,

Wave Corporation has just released more information about their upcoming God Phoenix model kit. Here are some specifics and new photos.

0405.jpg

05-1.jpg
Front

06-1.jpg
Rear

07-1.jpg
Side, with landing gear option

09-1.jpg
Bird Missile hatch open

10.jpg
Super Bird Missile hatches open (on bottom)

11-1.jpg
Thrust vents open or closed (on bottom)

12-2.jpg
The G-1's joining up sequence

13-2.jpg
The G-2's joining up sequence

14-2.jpg
The G-3's joining up sequence

15-2.jpg
The G-4's joining up sequence

16-2.jpg
God Phoenix in hovercraft mode, with G-1 through G-4 vehicles

Since these are all prototype photos, some detailing and decal options may change in the final.

Information from Wave (with some additional from me):
Tatsunoko Production's masterpiece, Science Ninja Team Gatchaman, shines brightly in the history of Japanese animation. The main ship of the Science Ninja Team will be done as a plastic model. Although the kit is non-scale, its length will be 22cm (approximately 8.66 inches) and full of details.

It can be displayed in either flying or landing configurations, with landing gear deployed (there is no mention of an included display base for flying mode). The Ninja Team's individual vehicles, G-1 through G-4 will be included, with the ability to show them on the God Phoenix in their joining up sequences. Additional details will include being able to display the God Phoenix in Hovercraft mode (its wings appear to cant downward), with its bottom thrust vents open or closed, and also with its Bird Missiles and Super Bird Missile hatches opened or closed.

God Phoenix plastic model kit
Price: ¥8,580 (approximately $69.41USD)
It can be pre-ordered right now from Hobbylink Japan for $59.31USD
Release Date: June, 2022
- Non-scale
- Glue and paint required
- Product code: GR-011

It looks like the initial images that were teased last year have followed through for a great-looking kit!
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi all,

Wave Corporation sent their God Phoenix model kits to retailers at the beginning of this week, and I was eager to see the box art. Strangely, it's been difficult to find - no one has updated their listings of the kit to include its box. But, I managed to track down a picture. Enjoy!

wavemodelbox2.jpg

It looks pretty nice and I'm anxious to get the kit I ordered. I'll provide more details when it arrives.