Kagakuninjatai Unifive figure set

Katblu42

Kagakuninjatai Unifive figure set

Does anyone know anything about this product, and how much it should be worth?

Thinking of buying it on eBay, but it's not cheap!

KNT unifive.jpg
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Re: Kagakuninjatai Unifive figure set

Hi Katblu!

These were released in Japan on May, 2001 at a price of ¥1,980 (currently about $15.55 USD). They were not very expensive at all. Through the years, I've seen the prices on them increase and they now sell for a lot of money. Especially if you can find a set with a clear blister (many of them have yellowed).

The figures are probably the nicest representation of the entire team that I've seen. The set is still my favorite all these years later. Each one captures the colors, details, poses and expressions of the characters very well. The sculpting is top notch and and each have colored transparent visors. They come with a nice transparent "G" base that looks like their belt emblem, and it has small heel pockets for each to make sure they can stand securely.

A slight negative about them is that are they are small. I think the Ken with his raised hand is about 10cm in height. Also, they're a bit fragile because of the hard plastic they're molded in. When I opened mine, my Ryu fell off the base, hit the floor and his leg broke (a bit of superglue fixed it). That was more my fault than that of the figure. But I mention just to be wary if you open them and remove the twist ties. Also, the figurines are not posable at all. None of them have any articulation.

I guess a fair price these days would be around $50 - $80 USD, although I have seen the set sell for more. I think the lowest I've seen it recently was about $38 USD. I hope you have a chance at a good price!

Hope this helps a bit. Let me know if I can answer any more questions.
Katblu42

Re: Kagakuninjatai Unifive figure set

Thank you so much for the info!

The set looks good, and I am very tempted . . . but they are asking $399 (AUD)!! So, very expensive, I'd say.