Gatchaman The Movie - Final chance to order at Sentai Filmworks

The Other Jason
Site Admin

Gatchaman The Movie - Final chance to order at Sentai Filmworks

Hi all,

The stock of Gatchaman-related items has been disappearing from Sentai Filmworks' site. As of now, the only things they have left are Gatchaman The Movie and the Time Bokan Royal Revival set (where the Ninja Team make a guest appearance). Both remain in stock on DVD format only. But the good news is they are now only $1.00 each. If you waited, now you can pounce and get a fantastic bargain on them! Below are direct links to each on Sentai Filmworks' site:

Gatchaman The Movie
Time Bokan Royal Revival

Good luck! I'm not sure how long they've been at this price, nor for how much longer they'll hang around.
tatsunokofan

Re: Gatchaman The Movie - Final chance to order at Sentai Filmworks

Don't forget that they also have the Nurse Witch Komugi R TV series Blu-Ray and DVD sets on sale. The last episode of that series has characters from a plethora of Tatsunoko series in various crowd scenes, including a wide variety of people from across Gatchaman. Not just the main characters, but guest characters from the series as well. Hey, where else will you see another appearance from people like Dr. Henjinman, Alan, Ogawara, Nakamora, and even Hawk Getz?!

Anyway, the have the Blu-Ray for $7.00.

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/product ... f536&_ss=r

And they have the DVD for $1.00.

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/product ... f536&_ss=r

James
Katblu42

At that price I was totally gonna buy both of them (and Grave of the Fireflies DVD) . . . but I can't because I don't live in the US or Canada. :( :( :(
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi all,

As of August 1, all of the titles I mentioned in my previous post are now "Unavailable" on Sentai Filmworks' site. So they've either sold out, or the end of their contract sell-through period has been reached.

The only items still available are the Nurse Witch Komugi R DVD (at $34.99) and Blu-ray (at $41.99) sets that Tatsunokofan mentioned.

Other than Nurse Witch Komugi R, all titles associated with Tatsunoko Production are now unavailable from Sentai Filmworks either via physical home video or streaming.

Let's hope another company picks up North American rights for some of Tatsunoko's productions and offers newer and/or updated editions.
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi Katblu,
Katblu42 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:19 am At that price I was totally gonna buy both of them (and Grave of the Fireflies DVD) . . . but I can't because I don't live in the US or Canada. :( :( :(
Were you able to find a way to get any copies?
tatsunokofan

Hi all!
The Other Jason wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:47 pm Other than Nurse Witch Komugi R, all titles associated with Tatsunoko Production are now unavailable from Sentai Filmworks either via physical home video or streaming.
Sentai is offering one other Tatsunoko series, The Price of Smiles, a 12 episode drama from 2019. It can be found here:

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/product ... 0d8c&_ss=r

It has no connection to any of Tatsunoko's hero series, so it might not be of great interest to most people here, but it is one of the last Tatsunoko holdouts in Sentai's current catalog.

James
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Ah yes!

As with Nurse Witch, I hadn't remembered they had The Price of Smiles, which is much more recent - probably not part of that initial deal that landed Sentai their slate of Tatsunoko titles. Not that that matters, it is a Tatsunoko program still in their catalogue. Thanks again for making sure everyone knows.
tatsunokofan wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:33 pm
Sentai is offering one other Tatsunoko series, The Price of Smiles, a 12 episode drama from 2019. It can be found here:

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/product ... 0d8c&_ss=r