Upcoming G-1 - G-4 Model Kits!

The Other Jason
Site Admin

Upcoming G-1 - G-4 Model Kits!

Hi all,

Academy Model Company of Korea is at it again! They have announced additional model kits in their original Gatchaman series line. This time includes the G-1 through G-4. Each can be displayed in "normal" or "attack" mode.

Their promotional video can be seen here.

They are said to be coming this December, the same as their previously-announced God Phoenix kit. No more details were given, but they will also probably by "snap-tite" kits with parts molded in correct colors.

Again, when I hear about any companies in the US importing them, or of a good source to import from Korea or Japan, I'll be sure to post it.
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Re: Upcoming G-1 - G-4 Model Kits!

Hi all,

I found a picture of the boxes for the G-1 - G-4 models. It looks like they're going to be sold together as a set of four.

g14models.jpg

The good thing is the price for the package appears to be a very reasonable ₩25,000 (approx. $22.63 USD). It looks like they're expected to be in stock in Korea in mid-December.

More soon, hopefully!
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi all,

Academy has released more images of their G-1 - G-4 model kits. Unfortunately it looks like they are going to require paint and glue. Here are each of them in "normal" and "attack" modes. All are without decals.

The G-1:
korg1.jpg

The G-2:
korg2.jpg

The G-3:
korg3.jpg

The G-4 (with weapon options):
korg4.jpg

All four in Normal modes:
kor14norm.jpg

Most in Attack modes:
kor14att.jpg

More images in Normal modes:
korallnorm.jpg

More images in Attack modes:
korallatt.jpg

Some of the kits' sprue trees:
korsprues.jpg

I'm still on the lookout for a good place to purchase these!
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi all!

Here are some better pictures of the individual boxes for the G-1 through G-4 model kits, plus a picture of the back of the G-2's box. Below all of those is a picture from the back of the tray box that holds them all.

g1boxs.jpg
g2boxs.jpg
g3boxs.jpg
g4boxs.jpg
g2boxbacks.jpg
koreaboxbacks.jpg
More soon!
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi all,

A couple Korean hobby sites are reporting that the G-1 - G-4 model kit sets are going to be released on January 13th. If so, they should be available for sale through Gmarket shortly afterward.
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi all,

I mentioned in the thread about the God Phoenix model about buying through the Korean Gmarket site, as it will probably have the lowest retail prices. The same will hold true for these sets.

I had read that the G-1 - G-4 model set release got delayed slightly until the middle of this month. I had hoped they would start showing up this week and they have!

At least one seller has them listed now at around $20.60 US, plus an estimated $23.00 US for shipping.

Compare that to a seller on eBay in the US asking $49.59 US, plus $19.90 US shipping.

Use the "독수리 오형제" search term and look for "International Shipping" for seller options.

Or, here is a direct link with the search term applied.

A few more new images:
korg1bann.jpg
korg2bann.jpg
korg3bann.jpg
korg4bann.jpg

Good luck!