Funko Pop! Gatchaman Figures

The Other Jason
Site Admin

Funko Pop! Gatchaman Figures

Hi all,

Funko's news feed released information that Gatchaman Pop! figures will be on the way.

popbanner.jpg

As the image indicates, there will be figures of Ken, Jun and Joe at the start. More may follow. There is no additional information yet about release dates, locations or figure designs. Stay tuned!
KenTheEagle

Re: Funko Pop! Gatchaman Figures

Wasn't sure whether or not you got the news, so I made a mistake of posting a secondary while being half-awake, my bad! I am not truly a fan of Funko as some of it can be on, and off with how the faces are portrayed. (I hope with the helm, and visor that it will give the overall appearance some definition at least.)

I know this maybe asking too much, but if they went off and did any other version if this series is successful to do the OVA, Infini-T or whatever they get their hands on in licensing, I would definitely consider getting them as well!
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi all,

Funko has released images and prices for their upcoming Gatchaman Pop! figures. They will be released in their "Pop! Animation" line.

They are available for stock notification at the Funko site now. Or you can visit several pre-order links below the character images.

Gatchaman - Ken the Eagle
52015_Gatchaman_KentheEagle_POP_GLAM-1-WEB_600x2000.png
52015_Gatchaman_KentheEagle_POP_GLAM-WEB_500x2000.png
Pop! Animation Number: 1030
Item Number: 52015
Description: Sometimes there are five of them, other times they join together to become one. Complete your Gatchaman collection by adding Pop! Ken the Eagle to the ranks to join his comrades and fight the forces of Galactor as seen in the 1970s animated Gatchaman television series. Vinyl figure is approximately 4.15-inches tall.
Price: $11.00
Gatchaman - Joe the Condor
52016_Gatchaman_JoetheCondor_POP_GLAM-1-WEB_600x2000.png
52016_Gatchaman_JoetheCondor_POP_GLAM-WEB_500x2000.png
Pop! Animation Number: 1031
Item Number: 52016
Description: Sometimes there are five of them, other times they join together to become one. Complete your Gatchaman collection by adding Pop! Joe the Condor to the ranks to join his comrades and fight the forces of Galactor as seen in the 1970s animated Gatchaman television series. Vinyl figure is approximately 4.15-inches tall.

Gatchaman - Jun the Swan
52017_Gatchaman_JuntheSwan_POP_GLAM-1-WEB_600x2000.png
52017_Gatchaman_JuntheSwan_POP_GLAM-WEB_500x2000.png
Pop! Animation Number: 1032
Item Number: 52017
Description: Sometimes there are five of them, other times they join together to become one. Complete your Gatchaman collection by adding Pop! Jun the Swan to the ranks to join her comrades and fight the forces of Galactor as seen in the 1970s animated Gatchaman television series. Vinyl figure is approximately 4-inches tall.

Each figure can be pre-ordered from:
Amazon
Big Bad Toy Store
Entertainment Earth

Pre-order prices at each retailer are all the same - $10.99
Release dates appear to be around September-October of this year.
No mention has been made yet of any retailer exclusives or other harder-to-find versions.
Hinotori

Oh goodness! I think I may have to get these...

I like that they included the weapons - and that Joe has both his cable gun and feather shuriken! That was a nice touch.
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hinotori wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:26 pm Oh goodness! I think I may have to get these...

I like that they included the weapons - and that Joe has both his cable gun and feather shuriken! That was a nice touch.
Once you Pop!, you can't stop!
Oh wait... someone's already using that. ;-D

I was a bit surprised at the attention to little things too. Ken and Joe both have eyelashes, for instance. I always said if they did Battle/Gatchaman figures, I'd probably have to pick them up. I just hope they finish the rest of the team, and maybe do a nice SD God Phoenix or something. The only Pop! figure I've ever gotten for myself was their 6" Godzilla from about 2015, I think.
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi all,

After some strangeness with the Gatchaman Pop! figures disappearing from Funko's site (they're still not back as of this posting), and some concern that they may have been cancelled or delayed, it was nice to see the trio start showing up as "in-stock" at several online retailers, and to see actual photos of the figures.

gpoppacks.jpg
Ken, Joe and Jun product shots

Hopefully the rest of the team - and more - will be coming in the future.
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi all,

Funko has put Gatchaman on their home page, and all three characters are available to order from their site.

funkobanners.jpg

As reported earlier, each are priced at $11. Here is their Gatchaman page. Act fast, there is low stock on Jun and Joe already.
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi all,

I received my set of Gatchaman Pop! figures today. I don't know if it's standard practice or not, but each was packed in its own shipping box, inside the box from the retailer. All arrived in great shape. I've included some photos of the packaging and box art below.

funkopopboxes.jpg
The shipping boxes and packages for each figure. I thought it was funny their stock numbers weren't sequential in order of team rank. It's actually reversed - Jun has the lower number, then Joe and finally Ken.

funkokenboxsides.jpg
Ken packaging art

funkojoeboxsides.jpg
Joe packaging art

funkojunboxsides.jpg
Jun packaging art

I haven't opened any of the figures yet. I'll try to post some photos of them in a couple days, unless anyone else beats me to it!
Katblu42

The shipping boxes and packages for each figure. I thought it was funny their stock numbers weren't sequential in order of team rank. It's actually reversed - Jun has the lower number, then Joe and finally Ken.
But the Item numbers are sequential.
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi Katblu,
Katblu42 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:37 am
But the Item numbers are sequential.
Yeah, the item numbers are in rank order. The SKU numbers were what caught my attention first for some reason though. :-)