KenTheEagle/GatchamanReborn: Gatchaman fanart thread!

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle/GatchamanReborn: Gatchaman fanart thread!

こんにちは! Or hello, guys! Most of you know me from twitter, and other places such as Gatchamania (had a bit of activity on there), otherwise I am known as Ken, or Ken the Eagle, as my usual persona.

I do traditional; color pencil, inking, lead pencil, and bic pens; digital art which ranges from mixture of painting, and line inking as well. Gotten into art in my early teen years, and became more serious in my early to late 20s. Mostly self taught, but had some arrangement with some professionals.

About my Gatchaman fanart:

Most isn't linear, nor official, and most of the time it is more own alternate universe, or AU as they will call it. But to keep things simple, it is going to be out of context drafts and labeled out text speeches. I am personally not too confident of showing the more arrangements I made, and only expose samples to people I hardly know. It is just how I work.

My art is so a mixture of 70s/80s/and early on influences of mangas, video games, and things that I grew up on that involved in a lot of details. Especially old vintage scifi films, and the works.

Fair warning, lots of drafts so keep in mind these are processes before being applied to something more completed, so the work is going to look messy because I have to determine panel prompt, and story. Most of the time the comic paneling is completely freestyle, and letting my imagination run wild.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Gatchaman Fanart

Ken the Eagle - Soar into the Light
Civil Ken the Eagle draft panel
Ken the Eagle - pencil
Ken the Eagle - 32th birthday pic
Ken the Eagle - worn out, and digital
Ken the Eagle bust
Jun the Swan - digital
Ken & Joe featured in a out of context draft panel
Joe out of context panel

Bonus, honorary gift art from my friend!

Fan art of Ken the Eagle by ZERORevive!

Infini-T Force Fanart

Ken Washio bust
Joe the Condor bust
Joe the Condor pencil
Ken & Joe head references
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Re: KenTheEagle/GatchamanReborn: Gatchaman fanart thread!

Hi Ken,

Thanks for posting all the great art! It makes me want to pick up something again... It's been a while since I've drawn anything. And to think, that used to be how I made my living!

I really liked the roughs (the early Ken and Joe and Ken head studies in particular), the Jun digital and the birthday picture with the Phoenix in the clouds. Very cool! I really would like to try one of the newer illustration tablets but haven't done enough research yet to decide on a model. Seeing what can be done with them now... it's very tempting.

Keep up the fun work and thanks for sharing!
KenTheEagle

The tablet I use is pretty standard as I spoke about it before, but depends on your preference. Most of my drawings is figuring out the characters, still am, and been super busy so I haven't sat down long enough to do a finish rather than what you see some here.

I am glad you are considering about drawing again, makes me wonder what you had back then since I never had a chance to see them.
KenTheEagle

kentheeagle2021iconfinished3.png
kenwashiopaintclouds1.png
I have recently gone back into painting on digital, and also new avatar for 2021! Feels very nice to start off with some art jam, and so forth on here, so it is nice!
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi Ken,
Great artwork, thanks for sharing again! I like both, but especially the civilian Ken. What do you imagine he's looking at? :-)
Hope you're having a good start to 2021!
KenTheEagle

Perhaps the clouds! I always associate him with such, as I associate the condor with the desert landscapes and canyons for the exact same reason. I think the same could be said for the other team members: Jun always with botanical gardens, and lakes, also perhaps fountains (like some episodes I saw); Jinpei carnivals, parks, nature trails and Japanese kid aesthetics of course: collecting beetles, and what not; Ryu always the ocean, and charter boats.

Of course I always have Ken drawn with sunsets and on a beach to signify the one episode, too. Have it as a wallpaper, yay!

Also you too, hope it was okay on you. Mine was rough, really rough, but thankfully it was handled significantly.