KenTheEagle/GatchamanReborn: Gatchaman fanart thread!

The Other Jason
Site Admin

Re: KenTheEagle/GatchamanReborn: Gatchaman fanart thread!

Hi Ken,

Thanks for posting all the great art! It makes me want to pick up something again... It's been a while since I've drawn anything. And to think, that used to be how I made my living!

I really liked the roughs (the early Ken and Joe and Ken head studies in particular), the Jun digital and the birthday picture with the Phoenix in the clouds. Very cool! I really would like to try one of the newer illustration tablets but haven't done enough research yet to decide on a model. Seeing what can be done with them now... it's very tempting.

Keep up the fun work and thanks for sharing!
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi Ken,
Great artwork, thanks for sharing again! I like both, but especially the civilian Ken. What do you imagine he's looking at? :-)
Hope you're having a good start to 2021!
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi Ken,
KenTheEagle wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:15 pm Hello, small update because I have been feeling sick again with some sort of stomach illness, and I am finally pulling out. Been heaving myself into digital painting, and been working hard with various exercises. It has been rare since I have done Joe the Condor, and given my mood, I experimented with some techniques and what I can do by splicing an after image of his birdstyle over the main body.

The given estimate was all day on this, minus some little halts throughout the time frame. But overall, I really love this!

I agree and really like the overlay showing both images, that's very cool! Thanks again for taking the time to share new art. Hope you're starting to feel better.
Bobkat

I love these Ken!

I like the lines showing movement in both. There's a finesse with the Sonic jet that reminds me of ocean spray. Or perhaps it's the water vapor from the clouds. Either way, fantastic! :D