Nice article on Tatsuo Yoshida

Science Ninja Team Gatchaman - The original 1972 series
Bobkat

Nice article on Tatsuo Yoshida

I don't know about anyone else, but when I go to Google on my phone there are a list of articles you can click on.

One came up about Tatsuo Yoshida - creator of Gatchaman.

I already knew this about him, but I got a few more details. :) For anyone who didn't know, this is how his passion was ignited.

https://screenrant.com/superman-manga-s ... ida-japan/
Cure DragonEagle 255

Re: Nice article on Tatsuo Yoshida

I love Tatsuo Yoshida. I wish he lived to see the book The Other Jason made. So much love pouring from every page.
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Thanks, Bobkat! Mr. Yoshida was an amazing artist and it's fun to see any coverage of his early career.

I wish he could have lived to see the impact Gatchaman had around the world. Whether or not he would have approved of the heavy US editing... I don't know. But it would have been nice for him to have known that another of his series had a global reach. At least he got to see some of the success Speed Racer (Mach GoGoGo) had.
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi Cure DragonEagle,
Cure DragonEagle 255 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:59 pm I love Tatsuo Yoshida. I wish he lived to see the book The Other Jason made. So much love pouring from every page.
That's very kind, thank you.
Bobkat

The Other Jason wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:08 pm Thanks, Bobkat! Mr. Yoshida was an amazing artist and it's fun to see any coverage of his early career.

I wish he could have lived to see the impact Gatchaman had around the world. Whether or not he would have approved of the heavy US editing... I don't know. But it would have been nice for him to have known that another of his series had a global reach. At least he got to see some of the success Speed Racer (Mach GoGoGo) had.
That's why I really liked the article - it covered his early career. I'm with you, I wished he could have seen the global impact his anime had, albeit edited. I like to think he's looking down and if not happy, at least content, with the impact his creations had. :)
Cure DragonEagle 255

I think Tatsunoko Production was special in that they REALLY wanted their shows to be successful abroad. And they pretty much succeeded.