Your favorite clips from Gatchaman!

Original series, II, Fighter, movies and more!
Cure DragonEagle 255

Your favorite clips from Gatchaman!

I WILL START!

Protip: Please provide some sort of description of the clip so that we will know what you are talking about even if the video is removed and to provide discussion so this wont be link after link.

My favorite Clip from Gatchaman is this one. DUEL ON GALACTOR ISLAND!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jEjWQaoeZ8

Joe just fighting Galactor goons. He hardly says anything but nothing needs to be said.

In the comments there is some Battle Of The Planets bashing so beware of that if its an issue.
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Re: Your favorite clips from Gatchaman!

Hi Cure DragonEagle,

Great pick for a sequence from the series. Joe was quite capable of taking down Galactor soldiers in, or out, of uniform.

There are so many examples of fantastic animation in Gatchaman, it's hard to pick! Unfortunately, I can't really find any reliable clips to link to online. But a couple quick ones that come to mind:

- Episode 039. From the point where Ken goes over the guard rail on the motorcycle, to the point he leaves again... I love the animation, the coloring and the mood of it all. Plus it has that really cool shot of Ken whistling Gatchaman's Song and leaning against a tree as the camera rotates completely around it. The fact that they only show the aftermath of the fight with the Galactor soldiers that made the mistake of following and challenging him - great! Although it might have been a budget concern too, ha ha!

- Episode 101. Again, an entire sequence from the point Ken and Jun escape to the surface from the Galactor base, to the point where Joe meets up with them at the end. The escape of Ken and Jun flying through the air, their capture and being dragged through he swap at high speed, the mysterious shadow figure that saves them, the animation of the snake and Joe driving up its body... the wind blowing the reeds in front of the G-2 after the mecha explodes. They even animated water tracking on the tires of the G-2 at points. All such amazing stuff and attention to detail.

There are plenty more, but those two sequences come to mind when I think of great animation in the series. Of course, most of the above two were missing or heavily edited in Battle. As amazing as they were to see there, who knew the sequences were even more incredible?