Introduce Yourselves Here!

New information for the community!
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Introduce Yourselves Here!

Hi everyone,

I've added this section for any new members who would like to introduce themselves. We'll all be glad to hear from you!
Cure DragonEagle 255

Re: Introduce Yourselves Here!

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~!!

I am Cure DragonEagle 255! From the Land of Paraguay in South America! I loved this site for years. Its even the reason I went to college with Dreams of working on Kids TV!

Thank you OtherJason for such a terrific site!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv3CZu6xmYM
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi!
Cure DragonEagle 255 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:21 pm Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~!!

I am Cure DragonEagle 255! From the Land of Paraguay in South America! I loved this site for years. Its even the reason I went to college with Dreams of working on Kids TV!

Welcome and thanks for joining. I'm curious to hear any stories you have about watching any of the shows in South America!

Ha, I love that station ID clip, I wish I had copies of all the ones I used to see as a youngster. Thanks for your kind words about the site, I'm glad you enjoy it. I hope you got to fulfill your dreams in television!
KenTheEagle

Cure DragonEagle 255 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:21 pm Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~!!

Sorry if I am late, holidays and life kept me busy! A new member, huh? I will try to make sure I give some attention to some of your post, which I did sparingly, so I hope it helps you some, and nice to meet, you. I am Ken the Eagle, or you can call me Ken for short!

Hope to see you around more, take care!
Psycada

Hey there! I'm only a dozen or so episodes into the original Japanese series but I'm really loving Gatchaman so far, it's every bit of old goofy shonen I love. Katblu on Ao3 led me here, so glad there's at least somewhat of a fandom for this series!

In general, I'm currently a student at SCAD. I'm a big fan of Osamu Tezuka's manga/anime, as well as monster-collecting media like pokemon, digimon, bakugan, etc. Also I love insects and related creatures, they're so interesting to me.
KenTheEagle

Psycada wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:54 am Hey there! I'm only a dozen or so episodes into the original Japanese series but I'm really loving Gatchaman so far, it's every bit of old goofy shonen I love. Katblu on Ao3 led me here, so glad there's at least somewhat of a fandom for this series!

In general, I'm currently a student at SCAD. I'm a big fan of Osamu Tezuka's manga/anime, as well as monster-collecting media like pokemon, digimon, bakugan, etc. Also I love insects and related creatures, they're so interesting to me.
Hello there, nice to see another member getting into the field of Gatchaman! That is awesome, though, I am partially into Digimon, though I am only into the 3rd season, and I specifically adore/avid into kaiju.

I advise taking the first series slow because it is going to be an entirely new world within the second, and especially 3rd season I forewarn, but even then you will find yourself with some enjoyable episodes and what not!

Technically I forgot to introduce myself, too- obviously I am called Ken the Eagle, or Solo Eagle, even Ken for short. I happened to be the highly enthusiastic gaming junky, and specialized into obscurity. I am perhaps also the most introvert as I am partially half, and half active and prefer one-on-one conversations.

I am also an advanced artist with a wide range of skills, expertise, and have a hybrid of UK/Japanese influences under my belt as I have been drawing for a little over than 20 years, and had my stuff featured in gaming websites and so forth when I was younger.

I got into Gatchaman last year, and was exposed to it back in 1995 when it first aired as G-Force on Cartoon Network, but overall followed me for years beyond my youth and since I have retired, I take the subject itself more private. Either way, that is my little introduction as I failed to compromise here before, so hoo boy, got it done.

Anyway, as I like ending my stuff...I take my leave, and this Eagle is flying solo, stay frosty!
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi Psycada,
Psycada wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:54 am Hey there! I'm only a dozen or so episodes into the original Japanese series but I'm really loving Gatchaman so far, it's every bit of old goofy shonen I love. Katblu on Ao3 led me here, so glad there's at least somewhat of a fandom for this series!

Thanks so much for joining up, and for a little on your background. :-) The fandom for Battle and Gatchaman has been around for quite a while, but has been relatively quiet lately. I hope to see it pick up again. This new message board is just getting started, so every new member is wonderful to see! Let me know if you have any questions about anything.
Stardust

Thank you Other Jason for posting in Gatchamania , I was not aware this forum existed. I wondered where a lot of the fandom went and I have found you. :)
I have kept my username Stardust because some of you may remember me by that name, once upon a time I did a lot more fanfic writing. I am looking to start up again. I wrote a short one that I need to perfect and will eventually post.
Anyway, for those that don't know me, I am a Zoltar/Katse fan. I have loved the series and watched it as Battle of the Planets. I have re-watched it as Gatchaman.
I own most of the re subbed DVD's except the last two volumes. I am currently seeking the last episode where Katse kills himself for the proper English translation. I have a fanfic idea for it, but without the proper translation details won't work.
Glad to be here and look forward to Gatchacon next week.
Stardust
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi Stardust,
Stardust wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:50 pm Thank you Other Jason for posting in Gatchamania , I was not aware this forum existed. I wondered where a lot of the fandom went and I have found you. :)
I have kept my username Stardust because some of you may remember me by that name, once upon a time I did a lot more fanfic writing. I am looking to start up again. I wrote a short one that I need to perfect and will eventually post.
Anyway, for those that don't know me, I am a Zoltar/Katse fan. I have loved the series and watched it as Battle of the Planets. I have re-watched it as Gatchaman.
I own most of the re subbed DVD's except the last two volumes. I am currently seeking the last episode where Katse kills himself for the proper English translation. I have a fanfic idea for it, but without the proper translation details won't work.
Glad to be here and look forward to Gatchacon next week.
Stardust
Thanks so much for joining and for your introduction. It's great to have you here. :-) These boards are just getting started, but I'm sure they'll grow to include even more old and new faces.

I hope you can find the last two Gatchaman DVDs you need to finish the series, they have some of the best episodes.

Glad to hear you want to make it to GatchaCon too. See you there!
Hinotori

Hi Stardust and welcome! Glad you found your way here.

I think you and I were on Gatchamania together many moons ago. So nice to see you again!