Something occurred to me

Science Ninja Team Gatchaman - The original 1972 series
Bobkat

Something occurred to me

When I was watching this video last night, something occurred to me.

Video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaeV9a5cwis&t=331s

It's an extended sequence from the ADV Films dub of the original series. As they stand around discussing Katse, Dr. Nambu wonders if he isn't partially at fault due to being a scientist. I get that but let's be honest - Nambu is trying to own Katse's problem. And to me, it's commentary of partially what's wrong with the world today. People trying to own other people's problems and/or sticking their nose in where it doesn't belong. ;)

I would say to Dr. Nambu one thing. "Not your circus, not your monkeys!" Never mind you have five monkeys who dress like birds trying to save the world! In other words, sir, you already have your hands full!

Also note, I'm kinda an odd duck so I may be reading too deep into the happenings. :) But what do you guys think? :)
Cure DragonEagle 255

Re: Something occurred to me

I kindly disagree, he didnt try to take credit or attention. He wanted to say he as a scientist has some responsibility for Katse's situation. Sure, he didnt have anything to do with it but I love that moment. It shows great empathy... if you ignore the fact that he takes Berg Katse's mutation and fusion as a horrible thing. If you ask me THAT is the objectionable part.
Bobkat

Thanks CureDragonEagle! Exactly what I was looking for. Discussion!! :)

No doubt that Dr. Nambu has empathy towards Katse after the facts are made known. Ken certainly has it for a few seconds. :) But the leader soon turns and says he won't hesitate to kill Katse upon their next meeting.

The most tragic part is what might have been. Two happy twins living their lives without X's interference.
Stardust

I have always had a problem with them saying Katse isn't human. Mutant yes, but I feel still human. It was the fusing of two humans, which in my mind, should still result in a human, genetically altered, but still human.
I agree it shows great empathy in that moment.
What has always bothered me is how X gaslighted Katse to believe they are an abonimation, a freak that would be discarded. That's how they end their life, believing that.
Maybe I too am reading too much into this, but I know what it feels like to be gaslighted and manipulated. X is classic NPD and Katse is it's tool.