New Gatchaman Comic Series from Mad Cave Studios

The Other Jason
Site Admin

New Gatchaman Comic Series from Mad Cave Studios

Hi all,

The subject says it all! Mad Cave Studios out of Miami, FL will be producing new Gatchaman comics to continue the original series' story. Here is their press release

Here is the cover art A for issue one, by Inaki Miranda
gcover1a.jpg
Expect more information soon!
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Re: New Gatchaman Comic Series from Mad Cave Studios

Hi all,

I stopped by the Mad Cave booth at Comic-Con, and while they don't have a lot of information yet on the creative team for the comic, they have said that the head of the studio is a longtime fan of Battle and Gatchaman and they intend on treating the characters well. They didn't have any additional art for the series yet, but their main promotional image (which won a unanimous internal company vote as best) was featured on one of their displays.

Here are a couple images:

madcave1s.jpg
The Mad Cave booth

madcave2s.jpg
Gatchaman promotional art
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi all!

Mad Cave Studios will be attending the upcoming New York City Comic Con at the Javits Center, from October 12 - 15! If you can make it, they'll have some exclusive giveaways at Booth 3441, including a new Gatchaman print by artist Inaki Miranda. I believe this is the graphic for the giveaway:

gatchamanimage2.jpg
If you're lucky enough to be there, grab enough for all of us please!

Mad Cave will also hold a panel at NYCC about many of their comic titles, including the upcoming Gatchaman series. It will be in Room 406.3, Sunday, Oct. 15 from 1:15 - 2:15pm.

More news will be coming!
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi all!

A couple sources are reporting the Gatchaman comic creative teams a bit ahead of Mad Cave's New York Comic Con panel this Sunday, so you get to see them a little early too!

First of all, the main Gatchaman series has been pushed to a June, 2024 release. The creatives involved will include Cullen Bunn as writer and Chris Batista as artist.

A second Gatchaman creative team will "build upon that continuity" to supplement the main series with spin-off projects. Most likely limited tie-in series and/or one-shots. Those will be headed by the creative team of Steve Orlando as writer and Tommy Lee Edwards as artist.

More news will be coming!
Stardust

Holy Crap! Batista is the artist! That's awesome, he is a real fan of the show. Plus he is from my alma mater! The School of Visual Arts in NYC. I kinda know him through circles, one of his friends is a good friend of mine. This is awesome news, thank you Jason
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Here are a couple photos of Gatchaman among Mad Cave's other properties at their New York Comic Con 2023 booth (thanks to Transmute Jun):

mcnycc1.jpg
mcnycc2.jpg

They had prints of the Gatchaman graphic during the show, but it sounds like they only gave them out at certain times.
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi Stardust,
Stardust wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:37 pm Holy Crap! Batista is the artist! That's awesome, he is a real fan of the show. Plus he is from my alma mater! The School of Visual Arts in NYC. I kinda know him through circles, one of his friends is a good friend of mine. This is awesome news, thank you Jason
That's great - nice that you have a connection with him too! I also heard from someone else that he's a big fan of the series, so that's a definite bonus.
Stardust

The Other Jason wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:03 pm Hi Stardust,
Stardust wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:37 pm Holy Crap! Batista is the artist! That's awesome, he is a real fan of the show. Plus he is from my alma mater! The School of Visual Arts in NYC. I kinda know him through circles, one of his friends is a good friend of mine. This is awesome news, thank you Jason
That's great - nice that you have a connection with him too! I also heard from someone else that he's a big fan of the series, so that's a definite bonus.
I'm pretty sure he was the same graduation year as me too, which means he attended the school when Will Eisner and Joe Orlando was still alive and probably studied under them.
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi all,

Another friend kindly pointed me to this... Speaking of Chris Batista, he made a post on his LinkedIn account with a peek at his Gatchaman sketchbook. Here are some images with his takes on the team...

batistaclub.jpg

What do you think?
I'm very impressed and looking forward to seeing more!
Bobkat

I'm impressed too. They *LOOK* like the Science Ninja Team.

This art is wonderful and I really like the direction he's going with their civvies. :)