Battle of the Planets Feature Film

Including international versions
Cure DragonEagle 255

Re: Battle of the Planets Feature Film

I hope that even if this movie is an awful mess it DOES lead to people rediscovering Battle. I would love it if my dream of it airing on Me TV came true.
Katblu42

What worries me is the suggestion that it might end up being a multi platform thing - movie or series or combination of both.

A movie (or 2, or three . . .) I am fairly certain I will get to see in some form or fashion without difficulty.
If they make a TV series (instead/as well), chances are I will not be able to see it because it will most likely be released on some kind of streaming service (first, or exclusively). And that raises alarm bells with me for so many reasons. It will be so much harder for me to watch (again, for so many reasons).
Stardust

I am okay with a movie, even a couple of them. A series is a little harder for me to digest. Mainly because in an effort to update a reboot series, they make too many changes, and it then ruins my memories of the original. There have been successful ones, like She-ra Princess of Power and Voltron, but I am always apprehensive.
Cure DragonEagle 255

Voltron...Successful
AAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

...You serious?
Stardust

Yes I am, I liked it.
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi Stardust and Cure DragonEagle,

There have been a few Voltron projects following the original series. Some of which I've enjoyed too. The latest Voltron: Legendary Defender on Netflix was a definite high point. I'm not sure if that's the one you meant though.
Cure DragonEagle 255

I am super sorry for the way I reacted. But I really really REALLY dont like Voltron Legendary Defender, and no its not because I am a nostalgia biased jerk or hate representation. In fact despite promising that VLD would bring a lot of much needed representation to the franchise it failed utterly at it. The complex and sympathetic Shiro is sidelined and his boyfriend dies despite the Producers claiming they were eager for LGBT rep and then the only person to die in the main cast is Allura who is Black. She is brown skinned and she is voiced by a black voice actress. If I were the producers I would apologize profusely to Kimberly Brooks. Oh but that's not all. In the 80's little kids from the Make A Wish organization went on a plane to Disney World and had the time of their lives celebrating Allura's birthday. In the 2010's kids get to see the beloved heroine die a horrible death. Breaks my heart if I think about it too much so I will stop.

Oh and the writing was horrid all around. And the producers nerfed Voltron so hard people wondered why they even had the gosh darn thing. I know you might say "Oh but they wanted to focus on the characters!" but if you fail to make your super robot badass and impressive in a super robot show you failed. Period.

I apologize for being such a jerk but VLD just brings out the MASSIVE jerk in me.
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi Katblu,
Katblu42 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 5:07 am What worries me is the suggestion that it might end up being a multi platform thing - movie or series or combination of both.

If they make a TV series (instead/as well), chances are I will not be able to see it because it will most likely be released on some kind of streaming service (first, or exclusively).
You're right. The ultimate distributor for a television/streaming project could get in the way of global viewing. But since this is a brand-new project, then consolidating streaming rights would probably be a major factor. Hopefully it would be easier to ensure as many territories as possible would be included.

I'm just thinking as opposed to an old/existing project that might have varied streaming rights, or none at all, which would lead to a mish-mash of covered territories.
The Other Jason
Site Admin

Hi Cure DragonEagle,
Cure DragonEagle 255 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:07 pm I am super sorry for the way I reacted. But I really really REALLY dont like Voltron Legendary Defender...
I'd say that much is clear. I enjoyed it and looked forward to new episodes. Which isn't something I can say about too many newer series.
Cure DragonEagle 255

I really do apologize for the way I reacted. I try to be as nice as possible here since despite such low activity and it being a relatively recent forum I love it here and I really dont want to pollute this beautiful forum with negativity.

I am super glad you liked it Other Jason, you are always so kind.

I really do have to give it to the writers and cast of Battle. It is its very own one of a kind experience, the characters REALLY arent just "Gatchaman but toned down". They are full of life and personality.

https://youtu.be/y_gWBn6cYgM?t=413
Mark:I dont know which is better, making the boy face reality or letting him keep his hope... who knows. No bodies were recovered, maybe he's right... I hope.
I love this gentle narration from Mark in The Space Mummy. Casey Kasem really loved worked on a dramatic cartoon for once and it really shows.